Thursday, November 28, 2013

Random Thoughts...Random Thanks!!!


 
...or, should I say Non-Random Thanks?
 
 
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!!
 
Maybe because it's so simple and unpretentious...
 
Family, friends, good food, good drink, good conversation, good vibrations...
 
It doesn't come covered in overt religious raiment or adorned with material expectations...
 
 
Whether in word or deed, everyone is gathered to simply say, "Thank you!"
 
"THANK YOU!"
 
One simple phrase...Two small words...Eight elegant letters...Multitudinous meaning...
 
Noted author Brett Blumenthal said, "Gratitude is an expression of love."
 
Indeed.
 
Gratitude is an expression of love "to whom" and "for whom" you are thankful. But, it's also expresses the love of LIFE itself...and the innumerable opportunities which life has presented and continues to present.
 
The operative term in Blumenthal's quote is "expression."
 
Gratitude must be expressed to be effective! And, that expression ought to be heartfelt.
 
I am thankful on this and EVERYDAY for my health, the wealth of friendship, family, my beautiful children, dear loved ones, steady employment,  liberty, freedom of expression...and too many things and people to list them all.
 
I credit everything that I am and will become to the wondrous people who "invested in me when there was no expectation of return on their investment" and loved me when I was most unlovable. To you, I am forever indebted.
 
                                             THANK YOU!
 
                                                       THANK YOU!
 
                                                                 THANK YOU!
 
Today, my "Thanks" are not random.
 
They are targeted with laser-like specificity.
 
Because of YOU, in this season of Thanksgiving, I am OVERJOYED!!!
 
 


 
 
Until we rendezvous...
 
Peace!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


2 comments: